SUMMER IRON CLASSIC CANCELLED
It is with regret that we inform you the Summer Iron Classic to be held at Warilla-Barrack Point SLSC this Sunday 21st March 2021 has been CANCELLED due to weather, large swell and potential poor water quality.
We were really looking forward to hosting this carnival, with record entries and a larger prize money pool than ever before. The carnival will run next season and we will advertise the new date in the coming months.
All entry fees will be refunded. Please allow a few days for this to be processed. You will receive a confirmation email from Ticketebo once your refund has been finalised.
We thank you for your support and hope to see you on the beach soon!
Warilla-Barrack Point Surf Life Saving Club is very proud to present The Summer Iron Classic. An exciting and challenging M-Course Ironman event open to competitors from U10 to opens.
(Please note: Due to low numbers a decision by the organising committee has been made to CANCEL THE U9 event. We apologise for any inconvenience.)
U17’s who wish to participate in the Opens race may do so, but may not race in the both the U17’s and Opens races.
With a total over $15000 worth of prizes for podium winners and lucky door prizes, make sure you get your registration in before the close off date to avoid disappointment.
Marshaling will commence at 8.30am with races starting promptly at 9.00am.
Please ensure you arrive by 7.15am so you have enough time to sign in and collect your wrist band and warm up.
Age groups need to be clearly marked on your arm.
Please note that due to COVID restrictions, there will be NO late entries accepted.
ORDER OF EVENTS
Water area 1 (Yellow Area) – First marshall call at 8.30am.
U10 female followed by U10 male
U11 female followed by U11 male
U12 female followed by U12 male
U13 female followed by U13 male
Water area 2 (Red Area) – First marshall call at 8.30am.
U14 female followed by U14 male
U15 female followed by U15 male
U17 female followed by U17 male
Open female followed by Open male
Please note: The order of events may be subject to change.
Presentations will occur on the beach, immediately after each event.
Please follow our FaceBook and Instagram pages for any race day updates.
Please read the race rules carefully.
In the event of hazardous surf conditions, event changes will be notified via our social media platforms and on our website.
Please note: If cancellation occurs due to circumstances outside of our control (i.e. beach closures due to hazardous surf) there will be no refunds.
This event has been made possible by our valued sponsors. Thank you for your continues support!
The Summer Iron Classic is an M-shaped iron person course.
There are different course distances set for each of the competing age groups.
A course map and an order of events will be distributed closer to the event.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Competitors must be at the competing age of U10+ and hold appropriate swim proficiency assessments.
• Competitors are only permitted to compete in their correct age groups. The only exception is the U17’s who may compete in the Opens race if they wish to do a ski leg. These competitors who choose to do so may not compete in the U17 race too.
• All competitors must be registered and financial members of a surf club of SLSA.
• Club caps must be worn.
• Pink hi-vis rashie compulsory.
• All competitors to be marked with their age group and be wearing the allocated silicone wrist band.
• No outside assistance or individual escorts allowed.
• Competitors not rounding all the markers will be disqualified.
• Any disputes to be presented to the carnival referee.
• The course and/or location may be subject to change depending on conditions on the day.
Should this be the case, details will be placed on our website and in the FaceBook event.
• Should minimum numbers not be achieved these races will be cancelled. Athletes will be notified 24 hours before the event and entry fees will be reimbursed.
• All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE should the carnival be cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control.
• Lucky door prizes and prizes for the podium winners will be presented at the conclusion of the carnival.
Thanks to the generous support of local businesses, there is over $15000 worth of prizes!
The 1st – 6th place winners (male and female) in each age group will be presented with a monetary prize, with as much as $2000 up for grabs in the opens category.
In addition there are lots of giveaways and lucky draw prizes to be won!
Prizes to the place getters will be awarded after each event. Lucky draw will occur at the end of the carnival.
A big thank you to our Age Group sponsors: