Registrations have closed for 2018. See you next year!
Warilla-Barrack Point Surf Life Saving Club is very proud to present The Summer Iron Classic. An exciting and challenging M-Course Ironman event open to competitors from U9 to opens. With over $7500 worth of prizes for podium winners, and heaps of lucky door prizes including an InFront foamie, make sure you get your registration in before the close off date to avoid disappointment.
Marshaling will commence at 8am with races starting promptly at 8.30am. Please ensure you arrive by 7.00am so you have enough time to sign in and collect your silicone wrist band and warm up. Age groups need to be clearly marked on your arm.
Late entries will be accepted in the morning from 7.00 – 7.30am. Late entry fees are $55 for U9-U14 and $65 for U15- Opens.
ORDER OF EVENTS
Water area 1 – First marshall call at 8am.
U9 boys followed by U9 girls
U10 boys followed by U10 girls
U11 boys followed by U11 girls
U12 boys followed by U12 girls
U13 boys followed by U13 girls
Water area 2 – First marshall call at 8am.
Opens men followed by opens women
U14 boys followed by U14 girls
U15 boys followed by U15 girls
U17 boys followed by U17 girls
U19 boys followed by U19 girls
Please note: The order of events may be subject to change.
Please follow our FaceBook and Instagram pages for any race day updates.
Please read the race rules carefully.
In the event of hazardous surf conditions, event changes will be notified via our social media platforms and on our website.
Please note: If cancellation occurs due to circumstances outside of our control (i.e. beach closures due to hazardous surf) there will be no refunds.
This event has been made possible by our valued sponsors.
Big thank you to our Age Group sponsors:
U9 – Kiama Travel & Cruising
U10 – Wollongong Automotive Services
U11 – WideForm Pty Ltd
U12 – Infront Surfcraft
U13 – LG Solutions
U14 – RCPA & Beach Street
U15 – FormFix
U17 – Ray White & Loan Market
U19 – Warrigal Blinds
Opens – Bin City & Enhance Fuels
The Summer Iron Classic is an M-shaped iron person course.
There are different course distances set for each of the competing age groups.
A course map and an order of events will be distributed closer to the event.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Competitors must be at the competing age of U9+ and hold appropriate swim proficiency assessments.
• Competitors are only permitted to compete in their correct age groups.
• All competitors must be registered and financial members of a surf club of SLSA.
• Club caps must be worn.
• Pink hi-vis rashie compulsory.
• All competitors to be marked with their age group and be wearing the allocated silicone wrist band.
• No outside assistance or individual escorts allowed.
• Competitors not rounding all the markers will be disqualified.
• Any disputes to be presented to the carnival referee.
• The course and/or location may be subject to change depending on conditions on the day.
Should this be the case, details will be placed on our website and in the FaceBook event.
• All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE should the carnival be cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control.
• Lucky door prizes and prizes for the podium winners will be presented at the conclusion of the carnival.
Thanks to the generous support of local businesses, there is over $7500 worth of monetary prizes to podium winners!
The first, second and third place winners (male and female) in each age group will be presented with a monetary prize, with as much as $800 up for grabs in the opens category.
In addition there are lots of giveaways and lucky draw prizes generously supplied by Inertia Swimwear and Ironman Protein + Energy, AND a brand new foam board kindly donated by InFront Surfcrafts.
All presentation will occur at the conclusion of the event so please hang around to be in the draw to win!
A big thank you to our Age Group sponsors: