NEW DATE FOR THE SUMMER IRON CLASSIC – SUNDAY, 21st MARCH 2021
TO ENTER PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Registrations close 12th March 2021, and there will be NO LATE REGISTRATIONS on the day.
Warilla-Barrack Point Surf Life Saving Club is very proud to present The Summer Iron Classic. An exciting and challenging M-Course Ironman event open to competitors from U10 to opens.
(Please note: Due to low numbers a decision by the organising committee has been made to CANCEL THE U9 event. We apologise for any inconvenience.)
U17’s who wish to participate in the Opens race may do so, but may not race in the both the U17’s and Opens races.
With a total over $15000 worth of prizes for podium winners and lucky door prizes, make sure you get your registration in before the close off date to avoid disappointment.
Marshaling will commence at 8am with races starting promptly at 8.30am.
Please ensure you arrive by 7.00am so you have enough time to sign in and collect your silicone wrist band and warm up.
Age groups need to be clearly marked on your arm.
Please note that due to COVID restrictions, there will be NO late entries accepted.
ORDER OF EVENTS
Water area 1 – First marshall call at 8am.
U10 boys followed by U10 girls
U11 boys followed by U11 girls
U12 boys followed by U12 girls
U13 boys followed by U13 girls
Water area 2 – First marshall call at 8am.
U14 boys followed by U14 girls
U15 boys followed by U15 girls
U17 boys followed by U17 girls
Opens men followed by opens women
Please note: The order of events may be subject to change.
Please follow our FaceBook and Instagram pages for any race day updates.
Please read the race rules carefully.
In the event of hazardous surf conditions, event changes will be notified via our social media platforms and on our website.
Please note: If cancellation occurs due to circumstances outside of our control (i.e. beach closures due to hazardous surf) there will be no refunds.
This event has been made possible by our valued sponsors. Thank you for your continues support!
The Summer Iron Classic is an M-shaped iron person course.
There are different course distances set for each of the competing age groups.
A course map and an order of events will be distributed closer to the event.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Competitors must be at the competing age of U10+ and hold appropriate swim proficiency assessments.
• Competitors are only permitted to compete in their correct age groups. The only exception is the U17’s who may compete in the Opens race if they wish to do a ski leg. These competitors who choose to do so may not compete in the U17 race too.
• All competitors must be registered and financial members of a surf club of SLSA.
• Club caps must be worn.
• Pink hi-vis rashie compulsory.
• All competitors to be marked with their age group and be wearing the allocated silicone wrist band.
• No outside assistance or individual escorts allowed.
• Competitors not rounding all the markers will be disqualified.
• Any disputes to be presented to the carnival referee.
• The course and/or location may be subject to change depending on conditions on the day.
Should this be the case, details will be placed on our website and in the FaceBook event.
• Should minimum numbers not be achieved these races will be cancelled. Athletes will be notified 24 hours before the event and entry fees will be reimbursed.
• All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE should the carnival be cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control.
• Lucky door prizes and prizes for the podium winners will be presented at the conclusion of the carnival.
Thanks to the generous support of local businesses, there is over $15000 worth of prizes!
The 1st – 6th place winners (male and female) in each age group will be presented with a monetary prize, with as much as $2000 up for grabs in the opens category.
In addition there are lots of giveaways and lucky draw prizes to be won!
All presentation will occur at the conclusion of the event so please hang around to be in the draw to win!
A big thank you to our Age Group sponsors: